It’s time for the NFL Playoffs, which means the Super Bowl is right around the corner (Go Pack Go!) and you know what that means. It’s time for tailgating! Aside from brats and cheese curds, one of my favorite tailgating foods is buffalo chicken wings. The problem is chicken wings aren’t exactly healthy and it’s way too early in the year to start breaking my New Year’s resolution.
This buffalo hummus recipe is a healthy alternative to buffalo chicken wings. Serve it with a side of pita chips or veggies for a quick and easy tailgating snack. Enjoy!
- 1 3/4 cups canned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Optional: Blue Cheese to top it off
- Drain, rinse and dry the canned chickpeas
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and combine until it reaches your desired texture. If your hummus is dry you can add additional olive oil, while the food processor is running. Due to the high sodium content of the hot sauce, you may have to add quite a bit to get the consistency you’re looking for.
- That’s it! You can serve the hummus immediately, but I would recommend letting it sit overnight so the flavors have a chance to develop.
Yummy! I used white beans instead of garbanzos, as this is what was in my pantry. Hubby and I are loving it!
Thanks Lynn! Glad you liked the recipe. I’ll have to try it with white beans too.
Just tried this hummus tonight! We subbed Cholula for Frank’s and went without the blue cheese, but thoroughly enjoyed it!
Thanks Russell! I bet it was also good with the Cholula. I’m happy you enjoyed it.