When grilling for friends and family, I’m always looking for new side dishes that everyone will enjoy. Sometimes that’s a challenge, especially with broccoli, but everybody seems to love this slaw. Not only is it delicious, it takes about 10 minutes to make.
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar (you could use red wine vinegar, but we prefer balsamic for the extra flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil (we use a mix of oil and canola oil)
- 1 sack of shredded broccoli mix (roughly 16 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix vinegar with salt and sugar. I’d highly suggest Pyrex mixing bowls with lids for easy prep and storage.
- Add your oil and mix again.
- Add cabbage to dressing and toss.
- Let stand at least 30 minutes. We let ours sit overnight so the broccoli is well marinated.
- Mix again before serving.