Hummus is a healthy snack with bold flavors. In just 10 minutes, you can have delicious homemade hummus without the extra preservatives included in most store bought varieties.
- 1 3/4 cup canned organic chickpeas (look for an organic variety such as this without preservatives)
- 1/4 Tahini (also known as sesame paste)
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Smoked Paprika
- Drain, rinse and dry the canned chickpeas
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and combine until it reaches your desired texture
- Finish off your hummus by sprinkling with paprika
Do you have a favorite hummus recipe? Share it in the comments.
Just found this recipe for Zucchini Hummus. Not sure how it tastes, I’m planning to try making it this weekend…but sounds yummy.’
makes approximately 1 cup
2 cups diced zucchini
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
Blitz everything together in a food processor until smooth.
The zucchini will create excess liquid, so be sure to stir the hummus to reincorporate before serving.
John, Didn’t you try making it with some Frank’s hot sauce? How did it turn out? Share the recipe if you can.
Sounds good. Let us know how it turns out! I’m still perfecting the Frank’s Hummus Recipe. The first batch was good, but I’m still tweaking it. As soon as I perfect it I’ll send you a copy.