For the next 30 days, I’ll be participating in my first Whole30. Check back for daily updates about my progress.
Day 3 was rough. I woke up and my allergies were terrible and I was tired most of the day. Apparently that’s the norm for Day 3 of the Whole30. It didn’t help that Friday is typically our Marketing Department’s go out to lunch day, which I’ve elected to skip during the Whole30. I’m bummed I will not be attending for the next 30 days. Oh well life goes on (at least I’ll save some money).
Things got a little more exciting when I got home. A paleo cookbook I ordered recently, Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat, was sitting on my door step. I quickly glanced through it and I’m already excited about all the recipes I will be making. Who knew eating paleo could be so exciting.
Traffic wasn’t bad, so I got home a little bit earlier than usual. This allowed me to spend some quality time in the kitchen (as you can see from my dinner below).
- 2 pasture raised scrambled eggs (from Pasture Verde) with sweet wild onions sauteed in olive oil.
- 1/2 of a large Hass Avocado sprinkled with a little bit of salt and smoked paprika
- 2 pieces of Canadian Bacon
- 1 Cup Watermelon
- 5 oz. Grilled Chicken seasoned with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic powder
- Grilled veggies including asparagus, yellow squash, yellow bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and shallot
- Santa Cruz Organic Apple Sauce
I was extremely proud of dinner. My wife is a rice-aholic so I wanted to make something we could share. The paleo rice turned out great!
- 5 oz. flank steak
- Paleo “rice” (it’s really Cauliflower and onion cooked in coconut oil) inspired by Nom Nom Paleo. This stuff is awesome! Diana couldn’t even tell it was cauliflower.
- Paleo friendly cole slaw (Olive oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard). I’ll be posting the recipe once I perfect it.
What I’m Listening to Today
Trampled by Turtles – I randomly found this band browsing through songs on Spotify. My current favorite track is Wait So Long. (Trampled by Turtles and the band I mentioned yesterday, The Lumineers, will both be playing at Austin City Limits (ACL) this fall).