For the next 30 days, I’ll be participating in my first Whole30. Check back for daily updates about my progress.
My first weekend on the Whole30 and it went well. I’m feeling pretty good and I can already see my midsection tightening up a little bit. It’s hard to believe it’s only been 5 days. I got over my fear of eating paleo at restaurants during the Whole30, and had lunch at Threadgill’s celebrating my cousin’s, uncle’s and mom’s birthday.
Breakfast Day 4
- 2 Central Market organic eggs with onion and Canadian bacon.
- 3 Heavenly Villagio Marzano tomatoes
Lunch Day 4
- Leftover grilled chicken breast
- 2 cups mixed greens
- Kalamata olives
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
Dinner Day 4
- Left over cauliflower rice from day 3
- Broccoli with garlic sautéed in olive oil
- Watermelon, grapes and cantaloupe (not pictured)
Breakfast Day 5
- Eggs again. I really need to start coming up with new options for breakfast
- Left over Cole Slaw from day 3
- 1/2 Large Hass avocado with kosher salt and smoked paprika
Lunch Day 5
- Grilled Tilapia with pineapple salsa
- 2 sides of steamed broccoli, which I doused in lemon juice
- (Don’t worry. I did not eat the tortilla strips)
Dinner Day 5
- I had the Zocalo Burger which included grilled onions and jalapeno. I had no cheese and substituted the chipotle mayo for yellow mustard.
- Side salad (no pictured)
What I’m Listening to Today
Atmosphere – Sunshine: I been listening to Atmosphere since my brother introduced me to the group many years ago. This track is one of my favorites and a perfect Saturday morning song.