Dalgona coffee is all the rage right now. Just a few ingredients? It should be super easy, right? Just five minutes to make? Not for me.
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Ice and milk for serving
- Whisk coffee, sugar and water until light and foamy.
- Fill glass with milk, leaving room for coffee “foam.”
- Pour or spoon foam on top of milk and enjoy.
The Mistakes I Made
Short ingredient list. Just a handful of steps. 5 minutes tops. Should be easy, but don’t make the mistakes I made.
- I used a 1 cup measuring cup. Don’t do that. Give yourself some room to work. Use a medium size bowl.
- I used the world’s smallest whisk. Don’t do that either. If whisking by hand, use a normal balloon whisk.
- Read mistake number 2 then do yourself a favor and use a mixer to whisk. It’ll save you a ton of time.
Would I make Dalgona Coffee again? I’ll stick to my homemade cold brew most days, but Dalgona Coffee is a nice treat. I’d make it again, but use a mixer next time.